Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer Antwerp
You will join our E&I hardware team, which is mainly involved with the electrical design of installations. Some examples: consumers, layout of electrical panels, cable lists, responsibility for the elementary diagrams (drawn up in Eplan & AutoCad), equipment field layout, cable distribution layouts, heat calculations, construction packages, etc.
As part of a team you work on our current projects and report to the Project Manager. You are, amongst others, responsible for the following:
- You supervise projects in line with the agreed scope and planning.
- You follow up projects in line with the client’s specifications and legal standards.
- You put together the documents necessary for the successful completion of the different stages of the project.
- You work out elementary diagrams, layout of electrical panels and component selections.
- You are present at the follow-up meetings with the client. You ensure that you are well prepared and report afterwards so that internal and external parties are always kept up to date with the progress of the project.
- You have a Master’s degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrotechnology or Electromechanics.
- You have an analytical mind and you often come up with creative solutions
- You are communicative and function well in a team context.
- A client-based approach is very important to you.
- You can keep a cool head in stressful situations, and seek out the best solution whilst maintaining a good relationship with the client.
- You are able to structure your work independently and meet deadlines.
- You work accurately, with attention to safety.
- You enjoy a challenge and variety work in your job.
- It is important that you are prepared to travel (e.g. for project commissioning).
- You have a high interest in technical work and following up and learning new technologies. Innovation is crucial at Contec.
- You have practical knowledge of MS Office (including Access)
- By strong preference you have knowledge of the following technologies:
- Cable calculations
- Selection of electrical components
- Knowledge of legal standards and guidelines such as EN60204.1, etc.
- Eplan P8
- Instrumentation & Measurement and Control engineering
- Overall industrial automation
- An open and transparent organisational culture
- A horizontal organisational structure, with very short communication lines towards managers
- A high degree of flexibility, including flexible working hours and many possibilities with regard to holiday planning
- A high degree of employee involvement (for instance, the opportunity exists to participate financially in the company)
- A dynamic and continuously innovative working environment
- The possibility to continuously develop the depth and scope of your technical knowledge.
- Ample variety due to the project-based nature of the work
- The possibility to work in an international context