CEO OF EVPA
Celebrating its 15th anniversary next year, EVPA feels proud to have been the initiator of the VP/SI movement in Europe, turning it into a well-established, member-driven organisation with more then 250 members and being recognised by the European Commission as a prime player in the field. In order to continue to lead and shape the debate in this fast evolving market, EVPA is looking for a CEO who can co-define its position for the five years to come, bring the organisation to the next level and be able to create a present-day membership organisation fit for the digital age.
The CEO will be a senior leader in the VP/SI ecosystem, with a good understanding of the sector and a broad network. (S)he will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy to achieve EVPA’s mission. Together with the Leadership team, the CEO is also responsible for securing and deploying the necessary financial and human resources for EVPA to continue to be a sustainable, vibrant organisation that can enable its members, venture philanthropists and social investors, to maximise their societal impact by meeting its key strategic objectives and respecting its legal obligations.
- Lead, manage and support the Leadership Team in developing and executing the strategy, and building their teams, reporting on progress and results in reaching strategic objectives and organisational effectiveness on a regular basis
- Refine EVPA as a membership organisation, that can respond to an evolving and sophisticated market, while addressing the opportunities and challenges of the digital age (social media, data management)
- Support and build synergies and relationships across the sector, ensuring EVPA strengthens the most relevant partnerships to be able to co-create an inclusive, global eco-system
- Grow membership and work towards a best-in-class net promotor score amongst EVPA members, to help EVPA become the most valued membership organisation to those who have joined
- Support the KC director in driving the EU policy debate and development in line with the market and member needs
- Secure the support of current and additional funders to achieve EVPA’s mission
- Participate in the evaluation of the impact of EVPA and lead strategic reviews.
Knowledge and Experience
- Expertise and experience in the area of venture philanthropy and social investing
- First class university education and a minimum of 15 years relevant professional experience. Prior experience could be in either associations, not-for-profit sectors, or business, with a track record of having good business sense and judgment in making strategic as well as operational decisions
- Proven track record in supporting and building a Leadership Team. Prior people management experience is a must have.
- Experience in co-designing and executing strategies, together with the Leadership Team and in dialogue with the Board
- Proven track record of fundraising and business development
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate and convey important messages in a compelling manner
- Ability to write clearly and effectively in English.
A well-developed knowledge of the European not-for-profit, association or social enterprise sectors
Exposure to or experience with present-day membership organisation in the digital age
Exposure to and experience with multi-stakeholder management and eco-system building
Command of one or more other European language beyond English.
He or she will:
- Be a self-starter, and a team player, co-creating initiatives with the Leadership Team that move EVPA towards achieving its vision and mission while seeking feedback from the board in an open and constructive manner
- Lead the transition to a more professional, sophisticated and digitally sensitive membership organisation
- Leverage the talents of people with different perspectives, styles and cultural origins; drive engagement by creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best
- Be a co-creator, building an eco-system for societal impact with key stakeholders
- Be organised and effective, striving to achieve a lot with the resources available
- Act as an influential and compelling ambassador externally, including serving on relevant panels, penning OpEds, etc
- Communicate effectively
- Instil trust and demonstrate commitment to the core ambition of EVPA which is to achieve positive societal impact.
Candidates should send in their CV and motivation letter latest by July, 31st to SSerneels@evpa.eu.com, CEO a.i.. The selection committee will review all applications and define a short list soon thereafter. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for further discussion.