AVIONICS TEST ENGINEER - Brussels
Context : We are looking for a sparkling Avionics Test engineer willing to get involved in the ongoing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) / Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) revolution. Our vision is made of a future with a sky full of reliable, performant and intelligent aerial vehicles carrying out a large spectrum of tasks with a positive societal impact. Our golden candidate would make it his own and be willing to play a significant role in the execution of such vision.
Challenge : Our UAV/UAS team is working on the development of different products based on legacy space and aviation technologies which will help increasing the reliability and safety of UAV/UAS operations as they become the norm. These products will then have to withstand thorough test and validation campaigns that, along with the associated tools, need to be planned, developed and executed.
Team integration : As Avionics Test engineer, you will report to the team coordinator and will integrate a strong & cohesive team full of people with a passion for technical challenges. They will expect you to take advantage of their expertise and that you share yours.
AVIONICS TEST ENGINEER (M/F/X)
- Elaborate test methodologies and test plans according to airworthiness and regulation inputs and requirements, measure and report associated progress metrics.
- Define avionic test benches architecture integrating hardware and/or software components.
- Identify test bench requirements.
- Develop hardware and/or software test bench components.
- Define test procedures, execute tests, write test reports.
YOUR TRACK RECORD
- Master’s degree in Electrical, Software, Computer Science Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in safety-critical systems electrical testing and validation.
- Experience with C/C++ and Python.
- Experience with electronics laboratory tools (power source, oscilloscope, signal analyser, etc.).
- Experience with the main airborne systems standards and norms (DO254, DO160, DO178C, etc.).
- Fluency in English. Dutch or French is a plus.
SABCA is a centennial Belgian company historically active on the civil aviation, space, and military markets. It recently decided to bring its unique expertise and technologies to the UAV/UAS market by developing innovative solutions focussing on safety & reliability and which is progressing rapidly in such direction.