AIRWORTHINESS ENGINEER - Brussels
Context : We are looking for a sparkling Airworthiness engineer willing to get involved in the ongoing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) / Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) revolution. Our vision is made of a future with a sky full of reliable, performant and intelligent aerial vehicles carrying out a large spectrum of tasks with a positive societal impact. Our golden candidate would make it his own and be willing to play a significant role in the execution of such vision.
Background : Our UAV/UAS team is working on the development of different products based on legacy space and aviation technologies which will help increasing the reliability and safety of UAV/UAS operations as they become the norm. These products will need to comply with regulation authorities requirements; these must then be taken into account all along the development process and the following operational activities.
Team integration : As Airworthiness engineer, you will report to the head of airworthiness and will integrate a strong & cohesive team full of people with a passion for technical challenges. They will expect you to take advantage of their expertise and that you share yours. You also will have frequent contacts with other Airworthiness experts; they will support you in this challenge.
AIRWORTHINESS ENGINEER (M/F/X)
- Act as the airworthiness contact point for authority representatives (civil or military), in cooperation with the head of airworthiness.
- Write and maintain the Design Organisation Manual under the supervision of the head of airworthiness, in agreement with the applicable regulation.
- Act as a Compliance Verification Engineer to verify and validate all the software designs.
- Verify & validate test methodologies and test plans according to airworthiness and regulation inputs and requirements, measure and report associated progress metrics.
- Verify and validate avionic test benches architecture integrating hardware and/or software components (SiL, MiL, HiL).
- Verify and validate the test procedures, the tests execution, and the test reports.
- Participate to the requirements redaction and validation process.
- Follow the software development for safety-critical avionics compliant with DO-178C (up to DAL-A).
- Cooperate with hardware, software, systems, avionics, quality engineers and other airworthiness experts.
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in aeronautic regulations (PART/EMAR 21, 145, M, etc).
- Experience with the main airborne systems standards, airworthiness codes and norms (DO254, DO160, DO178C, etc.).
- Experience in safety-critical embedded software development.
- Experience with git, Eclipse, bug tracking and continuous integration tools.
- Experience with C/C++, Python and assembly languages.
- Fluency in French and English. Dutch is a plus.
SABCA is a centennial Belgian company historically active on the civil aviation, space, and military markets. It recently decided to bring its unique expertise and technologies to the UAV/UAS market by developing innovative solutions focussing on safety & reliability and which is progressing rapidly in such direction.