Mobile Technology & Optimisation Engineer (M/F) - Lisboa
This position is for Mobile Technology & Optimisation team as part of the Network Engineering Direction at NOS. The successful candidate will be responsible for actively contributing in the development, validation and engineering activities regarding mobile network optimisation and performance.
The optimisation and performance role will include investigation, development and management of radio optimisation activities such as end-to-end problem troubleshooting, RF optimisation, develop customer-centric QoE metrics, templates and configuration optimisation, network dimensioning/performance. Experience on SON (Self Optimised Networks) algorithms, programming languages (database, SQL, Python, others), radio network analytics and optimisation automation frameworks is required.
Detailed Role Activities:
- Analysis, creation and development of network KPIs/KQIs;
- RF optimisation for 2G/3G/4G networks (Coverage, interference, neighbour relations, etc.);
- Analysis, debug and resolution of E2E performance, including VoLTE experience;
- Optimize parametrisation for radio algorithms; automation and SON algorithms development;
- Customer-centric optimisation process development & implementation;
- Radio Trace, MDT, Events and geolocation analysis for debug, design and optimisation;
- Develop of optimisation automation algorithms and respective implementation;
- Good Knowledge of TEMS Investigation and TEMS Discovery radio tools, planning tools, GIS platforms (Mapinfo, Google, etc.) and visualisation open source solutions (Grafana, Kibana, etc.).
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (Telecom);
- Minimum of four years of industry experience in mobile network engineering and optimisation activities;
- Strong knowledge of mobile technologies 5G, LTE, UMTS/HSPA and GSM/EDGE;
- Knowledge and experience on RAN Huawei/Nokia Vendors;
- In-depth understanding of mobile network radio optimisation process, automation and SON;
- Strong knowledge of KPI/KQI definition and performance analysis;
- Knowledge and experience on the following programming/database languages: python, MySQL, MS SQL Server. Knowledge of data correlation and analytics tools (PowerBI, etc.);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment; Self-motivated with strong communication skills;
- Proficiency in English required.