Midlevel or Senior Associate for our growing International Arbitration Practice
Our International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution Practice
As a Premier Belgian business law firm with over 110 lawyers and offices in Brussels, London and Africa, Liedekerke is recognised for its innovative thinking and legal expertise. We are a full-service firm, providing contentious and non-contentious advice in every key business practice area.
What we do
Our Litigation and Arbitration Practice is dedicated to the prevention and resolution of complex and/or international disputes, representing clients or assisting the firm’s other practices in their litigation or arbitration work. Our client base is highly diversified, ranging from multinational, foreign and Belgian corporations, through mercantile and investment banks and hedge funds, to governments and international organisations. We handle disputes involving foreign parties, litigation or arbitration in Belgium or abroad, enforcement proceedings, organising multi-jurisdiction claims or defence strategies, urgent and complex domestic litigation or class actions.
Our litigation and arbitration practice offers a seamless cross-border service thanks to our privileged links with top tier international networks (Lex Mundi, etc.) and tested working relationships with leading law firms across the world.
We have a track record of dealing with complex, high-stake international arbitration.
What we offer
The associate who considers to start his/her career at our firm can expect:
- working as part of one of the fastest growing international arbitration practice in Belgium
- a multilingual, open and stimulating environment
- direct client contact from day one
- interesting and high profile cases
- training skills, opportunities and experience you need to enhance your career
- teamwork and challenging intellectual assignments
- top notch financial conditions
What we expect
- you have experience in international and national arbitration (ICC,LCIA,UNCITRAL,ICSID,CEPINA...)
- you have 3 to 6 years of experience including some arbitration practice
- you hold a Master in Law (or equivalent) from a leading University in Belgium or in another jurisdiction, with excellent academic records
- you are a native English speaker or are fluent in English with a good command of French
- you have excellent writing and research skills, a business oriented profile and a positive attitude to problem solving
- you have the ability to take responsibility and to work as part of a team
- you have strong interpersonal skills and you are committed to combine excellence with high standards of integrity and professionalism
For any questions about this job offering, please feel most welcome to directly contact our HR Legal Manager, Leïla Mourali – email@example.com