The Facilities Manager will ensure that all facilities and building related activities meet the internal and external clients’ needs.
In a first phase, the Facilities Manager will be accountable, among others, for our reception, catering, cleaning, waste and related financial, contractual and organisational services.
In a second phase (by mid 2020), the Facilities Manger will also be responsible for the building related activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the Facilities Manager
- Ensure the highest standard of facilities management for both the internal and external clients.
- Make an inventory of current facilities processes and make proposals for improvement in terms of purchasing, coordination and reporting
- Some tasks of the facilities department are partially performed by external providers (reception, catering and cleaning). Organise backup during absences such as sickness and annual leave as well as the collaboration with the internal clients.
- Be the point of contact/responsible person for all facilities related contractors on site. Provide supervision and liaise during site visit
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly inspections and checks to maintain a clean, safe and secure workplace
- Ensure compliance to the Environment, Health and Safety legislation
- Development of a methodology/workflow for the recycled treatment of waste, including (confidential) paper waste, etc..
- Suggests improvements of the facilities department (quality improvement and cost reduction)
- Management and monitor the facilities budget, do regular market comparisons
- Well-being in close collaboration with the other teams involved in well-being, e.g. HR (ergonomic material, lighting, optimal work environment, etc.)
- Reporting to the COO, you will advise on the operational efficiency and management of the facilities department
- Other ad hoc duties where necessary
Master or Bachelor Degree preferred or similar level through relevant work experience
2 to 8 years of relevant working experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good command of MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good language skills: Dutch, French and English, both oral and written
- Service and solution-oriented, flexible in defining and redefining priorities
- Well organized, structured and accurate
- Pro-active, positive and constructive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Be able to develop good working relationships with a wide range of people
- Stress resistant and able to remain professional in a demanding environment
- Ability to manage a varied and complex workload
- Technical knowledge of building services.
- Certified prevention advisor or commitment to pass certification within a short period of time.