EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER - Brussel
Context : We are looking for a sparkling Embedded Software engineer willing to get involved in the ongoing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) / Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) revolution. Our vision is made of a future with a sky full of reliable, performant and intelligent aerial vehicles carrying out a large spectrum of tasks with a positive societal impact. Our golden candidate would make it his own and be willing to play a significant role in the execution of such vision.
Challenge : Our UAV/UAS team is working on the development of different products based on legacy space and aviation technologies which will help increasing the reliability and safety of UAV/UAS operations as they become the norm. These products are composed of embedded & ground sub-systems which necessitate the development, validation and integration of high quality software.
Team integration : As Embedded Software engineer, you will report to the team coordinator and will integrate a strong & cohesive team full of people with a passion for technical challenges. They will expect you to take advantage of their expertise and that you share yours.
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER (M/W/X)
- Propose coherent software architectures for UAV/UAS ground, test & flight sub-systems.
- Participate to the requirements redaction and validation process.
- Develop software for safety-critical avionics compliant with DO-178C (up to DAL-A).
- Use advanced test benches to validate your software (SiL, MiL, HiL).
- Cooperate with hardware, systems and airworthiness/QA engineers.
- Provide improvements to the technological roadmap and support its execution.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in safety-critical systems or avionics systems (navigation, radionavigation, communication, etc.).
- Experience with mainstream and avionics standard digital communication bus (UART, I²C, SPI, CAN, Ethernet, ARINC xxx, MIL-STD-1553, etc.).
- Experience with the main airborne systems standards and norms (DO254, DO160, DO178C, etc.).
- Experience with electronics laboratory tools (soldering iron, power source, oscilloscope, signal analyser, etc.)
- Basic experience in software development & scripting.
- Fluency in English. Dutch or French is a plus.
WE OFFER YOU
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
- A fascinating and highly professional working atmosphere.
- Support in additional training and personal development.
SABCA is a centennial Belgian company historically active on the civil aviation, space, and military markets. It recently decided to bring its unique expertise and technologies to the UAV/UAS market by developing innovative solutions focussing on safety & reliability and which is progressing rapidly in such direction.