SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Brussels
We are looking for a sparkling Systems engineer willing to get involved in the ongoing Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) revolution. Our vision is made of a future with a sky full of robust, performant and intelligent aerial vehicles carrying out a large spectrum of tasks with a positive societal impact. Our golden candidate would make this vision his own and would be willing to play a significant role in the execution of such vision.
Challenge : Our UAS team is working on the development of multiple drone platforms and on the development of different products integrating legacy space and aviation technologies which will help increasing the robustness and safety of unmanned aerial operations as they become the norm. These products are complex systems that must be architected, developed and controlled in order to minimize failures sensitivity.
Team integration : As Systems engineer, you will report to the engineering manager and will integrate a strong & cohesive team full of people with a passion for technical challenges. They will expect you to take advantage of their expertise and that you share yours.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER (M/F/X)
Elaborate unmanned aerial systems architecture for ground, test & flight operations according to customer & airworthiness requirements. Write associated sub-systems requirements.
- Provide support to design teams, participate to test strategies elaboration and in test campaigns execution at system level.
- Perform Fault-Modes & Effects (& Criticality) Analysis (FMECA), adapt system architecture accordingly.
- Perform system-level analysis in collaboration with design teams through calculations or simulations.
- Maintain compliance & verification matrices, in collaboration with airworthiness experts.
- Provide improvements to the technological roadmap and support the associated research activities.
- Master’s degree in Electromechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with safety-critical systems development and/or testing.
- Experience with simulation tools (Matlab, Simulink, Modelica).
- Experience in flight mechanics, flight control and flight testing.
- Basic experience in software development & scripting.
- Fluency in English. Dutch or French is a plus.
WE OFFER YOU
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
- A fascinating and highly professional working atmosphere.
- Support in additional training and personal development.
SABCA is a centennial Belgian company historically active on the civil aviation, space, and military markets. It recently decided to bring its unique expertise and technologies to the drone market by developing innovative solutions focussing on safety & robustness and which is progressing rapidly in such direction.