BUSINEESS DEVELOPER - Brussels
BUSINEESS DEVELOPER (M/F/X)
You will work within the Sales & Business Development Team of SABCA’s Actuation Systems Business Unit. You will be tasked with developing and diversifying business, in-line with the Business Unit’s capabilities and strategy. In this role, you will be the focal point of contact of the company to customers and will have to manage stakeholders.
Your main role is to plan, organize, coordinate, control and execute all commercial activities for acquisition of new business within the specified scope in order to ensure that the company meets its commercial objectives in the short and medium term of revenue, margin, cost, customer satisfaction and growth.
You will establish, develop and maintain strong personal relationships with all relevant stakeholders in the decision making process with target customers, including (upper) management contacts, in order to continuously improve and strengthen the Customer understanding and recognition for SABCA Strategy, Capabilities and Products.
For the identified scope and upon assignment by the Commercial Management take the lead of the bidding process, in order to guarantee that offers meet customer requirements and corporate guidelines.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Identify and map business strengths and customer needs
- Follow industry trends locally and internationally
- Develop growth strategies and plans
- Translate the Corporate Strategy and Business Plan objectives into a prospection plan
- Research business opportunities within Business Unit (BU) core business and cross-BU
- Increase customers base and order book
- Manage and retain relationships with existing and new customers
- Write business proposals
- Draft and review contracts, including the optimization of contractual T&C’s
- Organize contract Review according to corporate and legal guidelines
- Negotiate with stakeholders
- Report updates to CEO and Business Unit Executives
- Provide inputs for the Long Term Plan
- Coordinate actions to resolve commercial issues, in cooperation with Program Management
- Ensure close communication, cooperation and coordination with all relevant SABCA functional areas
- Support colleagues in order to maximize through sharing of information and best practice
- Bachelor and Master degree in engineering or related fields
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the aerospace industry
- Experience in Business Development, Marketing, Economics or Finance is a plus
- Fluent in English is a must, fluent in Dutch or French is a plus
- Natural negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Natural communication skills, ability to interact with and present to a wide range of audience
- Helicopter view, with a strong business and strategic sense
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Open (extravert)
- Stress Resistant
- Flexible (including travel flexibility)
WE OFFER YOU
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
- A fascinating and highly professional working atmosphere.
- Support in additional training and personal development.