MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - Surface Treatment Specialist - Brussels
We are looking for talented employees who want to invest in a dynamic and innovative company.
Join us as:
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER – SURFACE TREATMENT SPECIALIST (M/F/X)
Within our “Integrated Assemblies” business unit (BU), you will:
- Determine the best process to give aircraft subassemblies the optimum surface treatment based on client specifications and industry best practices
- As a subject matter expert, participate to problem-solving, continuous improvement and training activities with the surface treatment operations teams
- Follow up on the shop floor and initiate process improvement based on your observations
- Document process details to sustain quality
- Research root causes and advise operations on tests to confirm them
- Inform about scientific and technical developments, advise on potential impact for the operations
Depending on your background and preferences, you may take the lead on a small team of engineers and technicians.
- MSc in Materials Engineering or equivalent with a strong industrial view
- 10-15 years of relevant experience with industrial surface treatment, including implementation of optimization projects (continuous improvement, 6 sigma or else)
- A good combination of analytical skills and inquisitive mind with hands-on experience
- Team player with excellent communication skills and able to operate in a matrix organisation
- Strong safety, quality and process mind-set
- Fluency in 2 of the following languages French/Dutch/ English – and willingness to become fluent in all 3.
- Experience in the aerospace sector and experience managing a small team are advantages
SABCA offers you an exciting job, with autonomy and responsibilities. We provide the necessary trainings, a competitive salary and an interesting package of fringe benefits.