Senior Project Controller
As Sr Project Controller, you report directly to the CFO and you prepare, coordinate and submit the financial reporting activities on projects & foreign branches. Regular responsibilities include appraising operating results in terms of costs, budgets, trends and increased profit opportunities as well as overseeing overall tax implications.
- Performs accurate financial analysis and prepares regular and timely reports about financial status of your projects.
- Ensures the accounting records underlying the financial statements accurately and fairly reflect the transactions of the company.
- Oversees, directs, and evaluates financial management information (including accounting systems) and takes appropriate steps to ensure the security of all accounting records, computer programs & company records, and tax compliance (broad sense).
- All the above in close cooperation with the project managers and local accountants (in- & external).
Required Skills and Experience
- Master degree in Finance / Economics is required.
- 6 – 8 years relevant experience in a project environment with a broad financial background, including strong leadership.
- Manages time effectively, meets deadlines without fault and strives to continuously improve business processes and contribute to the company’s overall success.
- Communicates well with others, exhibits a positive attitude and a team-oriented spirit.
- Proficient in MS Office, database software and other applicable accounting and financial software and systems. Experience in working with SAP & Exact online is a plus.
- Flexible and used to working in a fast changing international environment.
- Financial acumen in the broadest sense (accounting, statutory reporting, project controlling, local corporate tax,…) with strong liaison with project managers.
- Open for other cultures.
- Open to travel 20 – 30 % of the time worldwide Strong analytical skills, fluent in English, with good knowledge of French & Dutch. Other languages are a plus