Market Analyst (3 positions)
General position description
The successful candidate will work at the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels and report to the Managing Director of the Market section and to the Market Manager(s) leading the respective team(s). He/she will also cooperate with Secretariat’s staff across all departments in the frame of the Secretariat's program management structure and in ENTSO-E's future efficiency-oriented project framework.
He/she will contribute to the Association work mainly in the areas of network code and clean energy package implementation, ancillary services and balancing markets, as well as capacity calculation or biding zones reconfigurations, ensuring timely and quality delivery of work products and facilitating discussions among TSOs. Most aspects of the work products and policies involve interaction with the ENTSO-E Market Committee and related working groups, with regular coordination with other ENTSO-E Committees, working groups, with regular coordination with other ENTSO-E Committees, working groups and Secretariat’s departments, especially System Operations and System Development.
Occasional short travels (e.g. 1-2 days per month) may be required.
Responsibilities and tasks
The successful candidate will support ENTSO-E work on the implementation of the market codes, specially Electricity Balancing network code, and on the coordination of the capacity calculation regions. Specific responsibilities may change over time depending on the market section evolution of responsibilities. Depending on the candidate’s skillset and experience, tasks are likely to be allocated from the following:
• Support ENTSO-E project teams implementing the legal mandates assigned to ENTSO-E by the new Electricity Regulation 2019/943 or by the network codes.
• Support for the Ancillary Services Working Group for tasks relating to implementation of the Balancing guidelines.
• Support the implementation projects, as the International Grid Control Cooperation (IGCC) project, that will become the European Platform for the imbalance netting process (IN-Platform).
• Coordination of the capacity calculation regions and support on regional consultations. Prepare overviews on the ongoing regional work on different topics as capacity calculation.
• The implementation planning and coordination of the CACM and FCA Guidelines, especially for Europe-wide and certain regional implementation of requirements in the market guidelines and of aspects in operations guideline or connection network codes.
• Handling external relations with EC, Regulators and stakeholders including the organisation and participation to bilateral meetings, workshops and conferences; as well as other regular reporting via internet, extranet and newsletters.
• Contribute to the preparation of the Market Committee meetings, in cooperation with the other staff of the market section, incl. preparing agendas, session files, presentations, decisions and draft minutes.
• Support to the day-to-day business of the Market Section in relation to the functioning of the Market Committee and its working groups, project teams
• University degree in electrical engineering, economics or related.
• At least 3 years relevant work experience, preferably in the TSO business, energy regulators, or electric utilities.
• Proven expertise in the electricity sector, preferably in European electricity markets and regulatory framework especially in the following topics: congestion management, capacity calculation, ancillary services, balancing, forward, DA and ID markets.
• Modelling expertise on market and grid simulations will be valued
• Expertise on TSOs process on capacity calculation and security analysis will be valued
• Excellent communication skills and a strong interest in actively cooperating within the Secretariat, in supporting members and facilitating consensus in working groups, in liaising with Commission, regulators and stakeholders.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
• Results-oriented attitude, team-player with ability to prioritise.
• Strong experience on implementation of projects in the energy sector including skills in project management as part of complex programmes
The Secretariat is looking for either a secondment from a Member TSO (for which we can give advice to TSOs and candidates on financial and tax effects) or other qualified applicants not working for ENTSO-E members.
Please address your complete electronic application consisting of a cover letter and curriculum vitae
through our website before 18 December 2019.