Legal Advisor (System Operations)
General position description
The successful applicant will work in the Legal Section of the ENTSO-E Secretariat which is led by ENTSO-E General Counsel. The Legal Section in conjunction with the Legal and Regulatory Group (so-called “LRG” and composed of lawyers from each TSO) provides legal support and expertise to ENTSO-E’s activities. These activities are organised across four Committees (System Development, System Operations, Market and Research, Development & Innovation).
The successful candidate is expected to work on a full-time basis at ENTSO-E’s Brussels-based Secretariat. Limited travel may be required.
Responsibilities and tasks
The successful applicant will work in cooperation with the Legal and Regulatory Group and will focus his/her support to the ENTSO-E System Operation Committee and its project teams, under the guidance of the System Operation & Membership Legal Manager.
The following functions are foreseen initially:
• providing legal support to the implementation, monitoring and amendment of the Network Codes and Guidelines, in particular the EU Regulations establishing a guideline on electricity transmission system operation (SOGL) and the related terms and conditions and methodologies;
• providing legal support in the drafting, negotiation and implementation of multi-party agreements, bi-lateral agreements or memorandum of understandings in the context of ENTSO-E deliverables, this would include cooperation agreements, agreements on exchange of information, service level agreement, memorandum of understandings, etc.;
• providing legal support for the interpretation and implementation of the Clean Energy Package, with focus on advising on the Regulation on the internal market for electricity;
• conducting legal research on an ad-hoc basis, amongst others in the following areas: energy law, EU institutional law, EU external relations, competition law, contract law and organising the consolidation of these researches; and
• contributing to the preparation of the meetings of the ENTSO-E Assembly, ENTSO-E Board and ENTSO-E Legal and Regulatory Group.
The above tasks include:
• transversal involvement in the work of other Secretariat sections;
• trustful and solid cooperation with the members of the Legal and Regulatory Group;
• project management; and
• participation in meetings with the European Commission and ACER.
Specific responsibilities may change over time.
• University degree in Law with specialization on European Law, including preferably specialization in Energy Law
• Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
• Proven ability to plan and organise, to manage multiple projects and to establish priorities.
• Team player, result-oriented and able to work autonomously.
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a law firm, TSO or electric utility. Experience in EU institutions or EU associations is an asset.
The ideal candidate should have developed legal curiosity, innovative thinking skills and should be interested in technical matters.
The Secretariat is looking for either a secondment from a Member TSO (for which we can give advice to TSOs and candidates on financial and tax effects) or other qualified applicants not working for ENTSO-E members.
Please address your complete electronic application consisting of a cover letter and curriculum vitae before 18 December 2019.