Legal Advisor (System Operations)
General position description
The successful applicant will work in the Legal Section of the ENTSO-E Secretariat which is led by ENTSO-E General Counsel. The Legal Section in conjunction with the Legal and Regulatory Group (so-called “LRG” and composed of lawyers from each TSO) provides legal support and expertise to ENTSO-E’s activities. These activities are organised across four Committees (System Development, System Operations, Market and Research, Development & Innovation).
The successful candidate is expected to work on a full-time basis at ENTSO-E’s Brussels-based Secretariat. Limited travel may be required.
Responsibilities and tasks
The successful applicant will work in cooperation with the Legal and Regulatory Group and will focus his/her support to the ENTSO-E System Operation Committee and its project teams, under the guidance of the System Operation & Membership Legal Manager.
The following functions are foreseen initially:
• providing legal support to the implementation, monitoring and amendment of the Network Codes and Guidelines, in particular the EU Regulations establishing a guideline on electricity transmission system operation (SOGL) and the related terms and conditions and methodologies;
• providing legal support in the drafting, negotiation and implementation of multi-party agreements, bi-lateral agreements or memorandum of understandings in the context of ENTSO-E deliverables, this would include cooperation agreements, agreements on exchange of information, service level agreement, memorandum of understandings, etc.;
• providing legal support for the interpretation and implementation of the Clean Energy Package, with focus on advising on the Regulation on the internal market for electricity;
• conducting legal research on an ad-hoc basis, amongst others in the following areas: energy law, EU institutional law, EU external relations, competition law, contract law and organising the consolidation of these researches; and
• contributing to the preparation of the meetings of the ENTSO-E Assembly, ENTSO-E Board and ENTSO-E Legal and Regulatory Group.
The above tasks include:
• transversal involvement in the work of other Secretariat sections;
• trustful and solid cooperation with the members of the Legal and Regulatory Group;
• project management; and
• participation in meetings with the European Commission and ACER.
Specific responsibilities may change over time.
• University degree in Law with specialization on European Law, including preferably specialization in Energy Law
• At least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a law firm, TSO or electric utility. Experience in EU institutions or EU associations is an asset.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
• Proven ability to plan and organise, to manage multiple projects and to establish priorities.
• Team player, result-oriented and able to work autonomously.
The ideal candidate should have developed legal curiosity, innovative thinking skills and should be interested in technical matters.
The Secretariat is looking for either a secondment from a Member TSO (for which we can give advice to TSOs and candidates on financial and tax effects) or other qualified applicants not working for ENTSO-E members.
Please address your complete electronic application consisting of a cover letter and curriculum vitae before 3 August 2020.