Programme Management Specialist
General position description
The successful candidate will work full-time at the ENTSO-E offices in Brussels, reporting directly to the
Manager of Economic Studies Team as part of the Systems Operations (SD) section comprised of about 20
permanent staff. The role will involve working on and managing the SD’s Data and Modelling Planning
Platform Programme. It will include its annual budget, software development and infrastructure projects and
The goal of this Programme is to provide the necessary business support in the form of data and
tools for ENTSO-E staff to efficiently and effectively perform its climate, market and network modelling
tasks as well as economic system studies.
Travel in Europe is not highly demanded.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Coordinate with SD Management in implementing sustainable business practices and procedures to ensure that the Data and Modelling Planning Platform Programme is managed responsibly, promoting a consistent application of a project and programme management environment in the section activities;
- Lead the Data and Modelling Planning Platform Programme through the development of an annual budget and the tracking of actual and expenses against the approved budgets and identifying variances;
- Coordinate with SD Management and staff to assess opportunities to reallocate approved budgets to reflect changing department priorities;
- Support SD Management and staff in drafting tenders for vendors to provide data and modelling software solutions and in the purchase order process according to the ENTSO-E policies
- Coordinate with ENTSO-E Finance, Legal and Information Technology departments in negotiating final contractual terms;
- Manage the Data and Modelling Planning Platform Programme through on-going vendor engagement, status reporting, e.g., quarterly dashboards, and ensuring timely deliverables within established budgets and purchase order limits;
- Support the Secretariat by ensure timely delivery and quality of work products and policies, as well as follow-through and implementation involving members and external resources.
- Education: University degree, preferably a Master’s in business management, economics, or engineering
- At least five years in a professional position, managing projects, budgets and vendor contracts
- Experience in project management software applications
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, e.g., MS Excel, MS Word
- Experience with Agile contracts and project management environment a plus
- Strong sense of business: Project Management, Business acumen, stakeholder management
- Interest in coordination and facilitating consensus;
- Fluent in English, including writing and presentation skills
- Motivation to work in a multi-cultural environment and to contribute to the European Energy Union
The Secretariat is looking for either a secondment from a Member TSO (for which we can give advice to TSOs and candidates on financial and tax effects) or other qualified applicants not working for ENTSO-E members.
Please submit your complete application consisting of a cover letter and curriculum vitae before 6th April 2020.