ICT (Delivery Team) Administration Support
About CGM Programme
The CGM Programme was established to deliver the capability for pan-European exchange of data between Transmission System Operators (TSOs) and Regional Security Coordinators (RSCs) as set out by the European Union (EU) under various Network Codes.The data exchanged (in the form of individual & common grid models) between TSOs and RSCs will ease the cooperation between TSOs and will result in an even more secure and cost-efficient pan-European grid. To provide this capability of a pan-European date exchange, the CGM Programme is delivering a full data exchange systems and IT infrastructure, including a pan-European Private Physical Communications Network (PCN). Within the CGM Programme, the CGM ICT Delivery Team is responsible for delivery of this data exchange platform, systems and IT infrastructure including the Physical Communications Network (PCN) in accordance with a challenging CGM Programme Plan schedule. Working with vendors, TSO/RSC technical & business experts, consultants and cross-functional Working Groups, the ICT Delivery Team develops, delivers, implements and supports technical products and solutions under the leadership of the CGM ICT Delivery Manager.
General position description
The successful candidate will work in the CGM team at the ENTSO-E offices in Brussels.
For the role of Administration/PMO Support you will report to the ICT Delivery Manager and also have indirect reporting responsibilities to the CGM PMO Lead.
You are a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and you have a track record of contributing to ICT project deliverables by providing administrative assistance to project and program managers. You have hands-on project administration experience and you are knowledgeable in mainstream project management approaches and are comfortable working within these approaches under the guidance of an experienced project or program manager.
Modest travel across Europe might be required.
Responsibilities and tasks of the role
You will be responsible for the following activities:
- Support the ICT Delivery Team in the production and preparation of project documentation and in the administration of contracts
- Interact with the ICT Delivery Team and CGM PMO Lead to gather and communicate issues, actions and risks.
- CGM ICT Delivery Team support
- Coordinate internal CGM ICT Delivery Team communications and meetings
- Issue meeting agendas, take meeting notes, create draft reports and presentations as appropriate.
- Assist in gathering CGM ICT domain status information
- Support in organisation of room bookings, catering and participant invitations for meetings with external participants, e.g. ENTSO-E members
- Complete administration tasks as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Own and deliver ad hoc tasks as they arise for the ICT Delivery team
- CGM ICT reporting support
- Manage ICT Delivery project logs (risks, assumptions, questions, decisions) to support Project Management function.
- Collect and format reporting information (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Collaborate with the CGM PMO Lead in provisioning of reporting information
- ENTSO-E members’ representatives’ interaction within CGM ICT Delivery Team scope
- Maintain and continuously improve the ICT related SharePoint pages of the CGM Programme
- Support ENTSO-E members’ representatives regarding questions related to the CGM ICT Delivery documentation
- Facilitate the design of surveys and the collection and high-level analysis of survey results
- Supplier interaction within CGM ICT Delivery scope
- Facilitate administration of supplier contracts (amendments of existing or creation of new)
- Follow-up on timely and correct invoicing and payment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Business Administration and / or Team Assistance
- Working experience in a similar role within the PMO of a complex Programme or Project will be strongly considered
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and common office software tools is a must
- Previous experience in SharePoint is a plus – knowledge of other collaboration tools is also appreciated
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail while keeping a team mindset
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Well-structured and organized documentation management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills as proficient English user
- Customer oriented approach for the fluent and supportive interaction with ENTSO-E members
- Flexibility towards the work load is required (peak load moments will occur)
- The ability to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before 14 February 2020