ICT Software Application Specialist
About CGM Programme and its Operational Planning Data Environment
TSOs use mathematical simulation models of their network to simulate the grid behavior under various, including extreme, circumstances. Results of these simulations are notably used to decide on the list of actions TSOs need to take to maintain the reliability of the grid at the least cost and impact possible for customers and stakeholders (distribution grids, generators, traders, etc.).
Up to now, each TSO has been using its own grid model. As electrical networks become more interconnected and as European electricity markets are getting more and more integrated, there is a need to develop a common grid model of pan-European dimension. It will ease the cooperation between TSOs and will result in an even more secure and cost-efficient pan- European grid. The EU has recognized the benefits that this common grid model will bring and has thus made it a legal requirement in various network codes (CACM, FCA and SO GL) that methodologies for the common grid model and generation and data provision are developed by all TSOs and submitted for approval to all regulatory authorities.
The Common Grid Model business process requires a significant data exchange amongst all ENTSO-E members. The IT data exchange system which is under construction is called the Operational Planning Data Exchange (OPDE) platform and is fully in scope of the Common Grid Model Programme.
The Operational Planning Data Environment is built up out of three interacting IT layers:
- ATOM: the underlying IT communication network
- Connectivity Platform: a distributed software platform that allows secure and traceable data-exchange
- Multiple central IT business applications: these applications are plugged into the Connectivity platform and process the data according to the agreed common grid model processes
General position description
The successful candidate will work in the CGM team at the ENTSO-E offices in Brussels.
You will work on the third layer, responsible for delivery including installation and operation follow-up reporting to the ICT Delivery Manager.
As the expert of the topics and/or applications, you will be an IT specialist and accountable for one or more business application and associated services, including IT requirements.
Responsibilities and tasks
You will be responsible for:
- IT development skills, with a strong willingness to understand the business side of the assigned topics
- Reviewing and updating functional, technical, product specifications and documentation
- Ensure the progress of the different topics, take charge of tasks in an autonomous manner
- Administrative aspects inherent to management (meeting organization and follow up, etc.)
- Ensure communication with our users/stakeholders
Your main tasks will be:
- Work together within the CGM ICT OPDE Delivery team to analyze and translate further business/functional requirements into concrete IT specifications to be provided to and discussed with third-party IT manufacturers
- Propose and ensures solutions are compatible and consistent with existing applications
- Measure and monitor progress during each test to ensure that the business applications are tested, validated, and piloted on time and that it meets or exceeds expectations
- Perform quality reviews to ensure traceability of the designs to the requirements
- Control, validate and challenge third-parties or vendors with respect to data architecture, data governance, operational support and service levels
- Assist the Technical Architect in defining and reviewing the technical requirements for the platform, including security, performance, quality, and operations requirements
- Follow up on application security, risk and other incidents when needed
- Collaborate with other Support engineers and Product owners to make sure that the architecture components interact to fulfill the requirements and meet performance goals.
- Contribute to ensure organizational readiness and business commitment for deployment.
- Manage day to day issues reported by users related to business application with a proactive approach against recurring issues
- Drive/Support tests relevant to your topics and/or applications:
- Testing experience involving non-monolithic applications strong testing monitoring skills
- Organization of testing campaigns
- Collection and report quality metrics
- Determine quality KPIs and other controls
- Master’s degree in engineering sciences or equivalent.
- IT development skills, with a strong willingness to understand the business side of the assigned topics, including reviewing and updating functional and technical specifications
- Hands-on experience is software delivery.
- Relevant experience in industry, in particularly on Power and Transmission Grid
- Strong knowledge of the SDLC standards and process. Power System and Grid Management Domain skills and background
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to deal with different providers and/or contributors located in various countries
- Quick self-starter, ability to solve problems
- Team-worker, but able to work independently
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae