Operations Administrative Coordinator
General position description
The successful candidate will work in the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels and will primarily support the various tasks of the Operations section and report day to day to the Manager of System Operations who oversees the System Operations Committee (SOC) and its projects and work program. He/she will work with the whole section as needed working directly with all Managers and staff who support the Head of Operations section. He/she will also cooperate with the Secretariat’s staff across all sections providing excellent customer service supporting ENTSO-E's programs.
Travel is required for SOC meetings (at least 2 per year) and as requested by management.
Responsibilities and tasks
The responsibilities are set by the Manager of System Operations and may be subject to change. The following support functions are initially foreseen:
- Provide front-line customer focused support to all TSO members and key personnel (internal/external resources) who support the Operations section;
- Provide direct support for the System Operations Committee (SOC) and of its Regional Group Continental Europe in terms of organisation of the meetings, initiating, tracking and delivering the session files, of the meetings documents, and timely publication of the minutes;
- Communicate all SOC proposed decisions and the final decisions following strictly the processes of voting under the Association Internal regulations ensuring the accuracy and attention to detail;
- Support the day to day communication to all TSOs under the SOC and Regional Groups under the supervision of the Managers of System Operations and Regional Coordination.
- Coordinate the replies, with the involvement of management, to internal and external requests for information and ensure efficient distribution and follow-up of documents and information for the SOC;
- Ensure the SOC session file processes are followed to timeline and to quality and where appropriate propose continuous improvements to the SOC processes which includes
- Apply best practice in project management to follow the work program from administrative point of view;
- Provide support in terms of administrative tasks to manage Operations section budget, controls and contracts supporting the work;
- Develop excellent working relationships with the all TSOs who are members of the Association and wider stakeholders;
- Handle phone calls received through central switch for the department, as well as central phone duties.
- University degree/diploma or equivalent working experience with proven skills in business, project management or international affairs;
- At least 3-5 years of administrative or customer service experience, preferably in an European Association or organisation, or in an EU institution;
- Strong interest in energy policy, the electricity market and EU legislative framework;
- Strong PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, SharePoint);
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on ensuring the task is completed to high quality standards;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English;
- Proven ability to plan, organise, establish priorities and get things done;
- Proactive with the ability for be resourceful and supportive of others when necessary;
- Adaptive to a dynamic multi-cultural work environment with familiarity with membership-based organisations;
- Ability to work independently and team setting with competing deadlines;
The Secretariat is looking for either a secondment from a Member TSO (for which we can give advice to TSOs and candidates on financial and tax effects) or other qualified applicants not working for ENTSO-E members.
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before Monday 30 March 2020