Risk and Business Controller
ENTSO-E is the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity. ENTSO-E coordinates the cross-border system operations, system development and electricity market activities of the 42 electricity transmission system operators (TSOs) which cover 35 countries. ENTSO-E was established and given legal mandates by the EU’s Third Legislative Package for the Internal Energy Market in 2009, which aims at further liberalising the gas and electricity markets in the EU; the legal mandates include among others: Europe-wide 10-year electricity network development plans, the transparency platform, network codes, guidelines and European-wide methodologies.
The ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels is focal point for technical, market and policy questions for all European TSOs in their cooperation with each other, in their joint fulfilment of their legal mandates, and in the intensive interactions with European Commission, regulatory agencies, associations representing network users and other stakeholders. The role of the TSOs and their cooperation in ENTSO-E is crucial to ensuring security of supply; completing the largest and most competitive electricity market in the world; and successfully integrating large volumes of renewable energy into the system. The candidate we are seeking will contribute to ENTSO-E work both in legally mandated tasks and policy-related work related to European electricity markets.
General position description
As Risk and Business Controller the successful candidate will work at the ENTSO-E Head Office in Brussels, report directly to the Finance Manager, be part of the Finance & Administration Section.
He/she will actively contribute to the monthly, quarterly and yearly closing and reporting of the business performance and risks assessment across ENTSO-E, manage and monitor projects and operating costs through centralized PMO management across the organization.
Responsibilities and tasks
He/she will be responsible for assessing the risk exposure of the organization, which implies reporting in a timely manner the related mitigation plan and any budget deviations to the various level of management (proposing concrete actions). He/she will maintain and improve consistent standards for aligned project management methodologies across the Association and be in charge of controlling the projects and programs. He/she will ensure the resources of the Association are optimized.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Developing and improving the risk management framework process. Conducting workshops and interacting across the organization with the Management Team (risk owners), updating the risk register and providing with the overall financial reporting;
- Actively contributing to the monthly quarterly closing process (accrual-based accounting management)
- Supporting the Finance Manager in preparing dashboard for reporting projects and sectionsbudget performance;
- Maintaining systems as procure to pay (P2P) and timesheet recording system on a daily basis and identify opportunities to develop new features to make sure all costs (including staff costs) are captured and booked in an appropriate way
- Coordinating together with all Program/Project Managers from all sections a "Community of Practice" to define and improve tailor-made standards, processes and templates for project management to be used across the Association, to guide the programs and projects. He/she will facilitate the embedding and diffusion and become the point of contact across the Secretariat for the project management framework.
- Maintaining a complete list of all ENTSO-E projects and programs in the Association and related processes. He/she will coordinate, change-manage and guide the various Secretariat programs and provide with the right level of project portfolio reporting to the Finance Team Lead;
- Reinforcing the internal control through the procure to pay process
- Preferably a master’s degree in engineering, Economics, Management or Business Administration;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in project or program management or business processes or change management;
- Excellent both writing and oral communication skills in professional English for cooperating within the organization;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Proven know-how in accounting principles;
- Proactive attitude with proven ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities.
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before 29 May 2020.