Operations PMO Support
ENTSO-E is the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity. ENTSO-E coordinates the cross-border system operations, system development and electricity market activities of 42 electricity transmission system operators (TSOs) which cover 35 countries. ENTSO-E was established and given legal mandates by the EU’s Third Legislative Package for the Internal Energy Market in 2009, which aims at further liberalising the gas and electricity markets in the EU; the legal mandates include the Europe-wide electricity network development plans, network codes and the transparency platform.
The ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels is focal point for technical, market and policy questions for all European TSOs in their cooperation with each other, in their joint fulfilment of their legal mandates, and in the intensive interactions with European Commission, regulatory agencies, associations representing network users and other stakeholders. The ENTSO-E Secretariat is a multinational team of more than 70 staff, including secondments from member companies.
The role of the TSOs and their cooperation in ENTSO-E is crucial to ensuring security of supply; completing the largest and most competitive electricity market in the world; and successfully introducing large volumes of renewable energy into the system. The scope and diversity of ENTSO-E's work has grown rapidly, and is expected to grow further with implementation of network codes and the EU’s Energy Union. The Advisor we are seeking will contribute to this further substantial development of ENTSO-E's work.
General position description
The Operations PMO will support the Operations Section processes and projects providing in particular support to the tracking and monitoring of contracts and associated costs. S/he will report directly to the System Operations Manager in the management of the System Operations Committee Session File including reviews of documents and quality assessing the documents.
The successful candidate will proactively implement ENTSO-E processes within the programme.
Specific responsibilities and tasks
This role will report the System Operations Manager and directly support the System Operations Committee, Steering Groups and working groups with specific responsibilities for:
- Tracking programme-level, managing issue and ensuring consistency with regards to the tasks of the Operations section.
- Supporting the System Operations projects working closely with the System Operations Manager and with the advisors who are responsible for individual network code implementations.
- Ensuring alignment across all committees as required under the transversal structure of the Secretariat. The role involves tracking of the implementation tasks and significant reporting will be required to the bodies of ENTSO-E and the (external) NC stakeholders.
- Supporting the planning (timelines, milestones, etc) of System Operations activities and work products / methodologies required to be implemented.
- Ensuring and maintaining a trustworthy relationship with TSOs and Members of the SOC in particular.
- Initiating change together with the relevant advisors on best practices on project management implementation and Stakeholder communication and ensure alignment in NC implementation across all sections.
- Coordinating and supporting the webinars and workshops being organized by the relevant advisors for the benefit of the committee.
- S/he shall set up mechanism to ensure and monitor follow up of action items and efficient resource planning of tasks to be delivered by relevant members of the Stakeholder Committees.
- The successful candidate shall support, where needed, the delivery of transversal projects, tracking processes on delivery of tasks and reporting to ENTSO-E bodies and to the Programme Management recurrent meetings.
- Developing, together with consultancy resources as applicable, a programme to efficiently support, the tasks and planning of the System Operations section (including the WG, RGs, Steering Groups).
- Implementing together with the System Operations Manager best practice processes as proposed by the consultant.
- Maintaining dedicated SharePoint tools, regularly update the list of tasks together with relevant advisors, maintain the SOC dashboard/Risk issue log and follow up issues with relevant advisors.
- Supporting the reporting to SOC including the tracking of SOC Dashboard issues/risks for noting at various levels.
- Providing PMO support to SOC strategic Roadmap of decisions and Common strategic processes for reporting to Secretary General in quarterly meetings.
- Educated to university degree level with at least 5 years’ experience
- Experienced in managing stakeholders through formal / informal meetings
- Background in member organisations and interactions with technical advisors
- Requiring highly developed interpersonal, motivation and communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills including project management experiences
- Change management expertise with a proactive and flexible attitude
- Written skills in terms of proposing documents for approval by
- Proven expertise in managing projects and task management under complex structures
- Excellent MS office and SharePoint skills
- The ability to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before 29 May 2020.