PMO Lead for CGM Programme
The Common Grid Model (CGM) Programme
Grid operators use mathematical simulation models of their network to simulate the grid behavior under various, including extreme, circumstances. Results of these simulations are notably used to decide on the list of actions transmission system operators (TSOs) need to take to maintain the reliability of the grid at the least cost and impact possible for customers and stakeholders (distribution grids, generators, traders, etc.).
Up to now, each TSO has been using its own grid model. As electrical networks become more interconnected and as European electricity markets are getting more and more integrated, there is a need to develop a common grid model of pan-European dimension. It will ease the cooperation between TSOs and will result in an even more secure and cost-efficient pan-European grid. The EU has recognized the benefits that this common grid model will bring and has thus made it a legal requirement in various Network Codes (CACM, FCA and SO GL) that methodologies for the common grid model and generation and data provision are developed by all TSOs and submitted for approval to all regulatory authorities. The Common Grid Model Business process requires a significant data exchange amongst all ENTSO-E members. The IT data exchange system which is under construction is called the Operational Planning Data Environment [OPDE] and is fully in scope of the Common Grid Model Programme.
The Operational Planning Data Environment is built up out of 3 interacting IT layers:
- PCN: the underlying IT Physical Communication Network (PCN)
- Connectivity Platform: a distributed software platform that allows secure and traceable data-exchange
- Business Applications: multiple central IT business applications, which are plugged into the Connectivity Platform and process the data according to the agreed common grid model processes
General position description
The successful candidate will be in charge of the full CGM Programme Management Office (including Roll-out Management) of the CGM Programme. He/she will work at the ENTSO-E offices in Brussels.The PMO Lead role will report to the Head of CGM Programme. Within the Programme, there are several workstreams led by ICT Delivery Manager, Business Lead Manager and Solution Delivery Manager also reporting to Head of CGM Programme. The PMO Lead will work closely with each of the Managers and the team members within their workstreams.
Significant across Europe might be required (due to Covid19 pandemic, new measurements will be taken accordingly).
Responsibilities and tasks
- Lead the CGM Programme Management Office (PMO).
- Coordinate all programme-level reporting: aggregate and publish inputs from financial management, project management, resource management, individual projects, etc.
- Maintain programme-wide approaches, plans, policies, and procedures.
- Gather work packages contributing to the CGM Programme Plan.
- Manage cross–programme issues, risks and interdependencies.
- Ensure organizational readiness and sponsor commitment for deployment.
- Lead and coordinate programme communications, both internal and external.
- Identify and provide programme-wide administrative functions in order to best leverage efficiencies across the programme.
Processes in scope of responsibility:
Manage Programme Control & Administration
- Provide programme leadership, direction, and focus.
- Ensure that the programme team understands the quality management plan and processes.
- Support Head of CGM Programme on ensuring programme and project activities align with overall programme objectives.
- Manage the control and coordination of programme-wide approaches, policies, and infrastructure functions to maximize programme performance and delivery.
- Manage the control and coordination of programme-wide approaches and infrastructure functions to ensure compliance with financial, contractual, and legal requirements.
- Report, monitor, and account for programme performance and results.
- Maintain the current programme’s documentation.
- Coordinate work with other areas of the organization and operational domains.
- Provide information about programme management activities required by other areas of the organization in a timely manner.
- Perform administrative functions to support the programme management processes.
- Highly skilled and experienced in Programme and Project Management, a relevant certification is a plus
- 10 to 12 years of PMO Lead experience in a large-scale IT multi-vendor, multi-site project
- Skilled in organization and time management
- Advanced oral and written communication skills. Business fluent in English mandatory (oral and written).
- Ability to work with all levels of client and internal resources
- Experienced in managing material resources, financial resources, and personnel resources
- Strong coordination, negotiation, and persuasion skills
- Pragmatic and creative problem solver
- Ability to develop and manage all aspects of the programme effort, including the plans, inter dependencies, schedule, budget, tools, and required resources
- Ability to define, implement, and maintain process guidance related to deployment
- Ability to provide leadership to meet programme milestones, deadlines and objectives
- Experience with concepts of lean and agile
- The ability to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment.
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before 7 September 2020.