Probabilistic Risk Assessment Expert
General position description
The development of the pan-European Methodology for Coordinated Security Analysis (CSAm) including, but not limited to, a methodology on common probabilistic risk assessment for the European power system, is a key element for the European security of supply in the near future and an essential part of reaching the goals of climate neutrality in 2050. The new role will address this subject which involves working at the most strategic level of System Operations, supporting the management in delivering the business initiatives and tasks with core focus on leading the development and implementation of the Probabilistic Risk Assessment Methodology. This includes leading projects related to the Network Code Implementation managed by the System Operations Committee (SOC) as well as engaging in cross-committee alignment and various projects which aim to prepare the European power system for the operational challenges ahead.
The successful candidate will work at the ENTSO-E offices in Brussels, reporting directly to the Manager of Network Code Implementation in the Secretariat's Operations section. The section has 11 permanent staff and is supported by 2 experts from Member TSOs and RSCs, as needed for specific projects. He/she will also cooperate and work collaboratively with Secretariat staff across all departments in the Secretariat's program management structure. Regular travel will be required.
Responsibilities and tasks
The role is a key person for the Operations Section of ENTSO-E providing stakeholder engagement and leadership, both internally and externally. This includes leading the development of the Probabilistic Risk Assessment Methodology, representing ENTSO-E in meetings and preparatory implementation projects under the Coordinated Security Analysis Methodology and interaction with key groups under several ENTSO-E bodies.
Specific responsibilities may change over time; however, the current tasks include:
- Initiate projects and seek guidance from management and other advisors for the implementation of the Article 44 of the CSAm with several obligations for the TSOs.
- Provide support for project teams and working groups related to the implementation of the Article 44 of the CSAm to ensure the timely fulfilment of the deliverables.
- Provide best practices for Stakeholder Engagement in project and programme management especially during the implementation of Article 44 of the CSAm.
- Manage and coordinate TSOs’ queries and Requests for Information as required.
- Improve and maintain an efficient and transparent exchange of all relevant information on contents / deadlines of project implementation and especially in communication to management and SOC;
- Work closely with the supporting sections in Secretariat such as Legal, Finance, HR, RDI and Communications, support effective collaboration and where relevant, identifying possible efficiency improvements.
- Interact with all Committees and LRG, Board, Assembly, TSO members, ACER, European Commission and other stakeholders.
- Work transversely and collaboratively with the managers and advisors providing guidance and direction where needed.
- Support wider initiatives aimed at improving Association and Secretariat for the benefit of Member TSOs and Staff.
- University degree with expert knowledge of power systems and risk management and reliability assessment with relevant experience post qualification.
- At least 5 years’ experience, preferably managing teams or projects.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills including facilitating consensus and building relationships. Experience in explaining and clarifying complex problems to diverse audience such as policy makers, regulators and industry stakeholders.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English and proven experience of reporting.
- Relevant work experience in TSO business with proven expertise in the energy sector, preferably in TSO system operations issues.
- Proven expertise in project and program management for complex projects, managing resources and assessing priorities; preferably experience in a matrix management environment.
- Strong organisation and coordination skills working across multiple groups and disciplines
- Regular travel will be required on a Europe-wide basis.
- Expertise in working with MS Office (Excel and MS Project);
- Motivated by working within a multinational and multicultural professional environment
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before 31 August 2020.