General position description
The successful candidate will work on full time basis at ENTSO-E offices in Brussels.
She/he will report to and is guided by the Manager Research and Innovation (R&I), cooperate closely with other members of the R&I team, as well as with Secretariat’s staff across all sections in the frame of RDI deliverables/projects and will make use of ENTSO-E project management structure approach.
She/he will support the activities of ENTSO-E Research Development and Innovation Committee (RDIC) and the relevant Working Groups of TSOs members and contribute to R&I projects undertaken by ENTSO-E. As such she/he will also actively contribute to the set-up of identified Flagships identified in the ENTSO-E Roadmap 2020-2030 and follow the RDI related activities of the Working Groups and projects related to the ENTSO-E RDI Roadmap.
She/he will ensure timely delivery of work products, deliverables and policies aspects resulting from R&I activities as well as close follow-through and the implementation of the innovative solutions. Many aspects of the work products and policies involve interaction with other stakeholders and internally in ENTSO-E.
Travel may be required.
Responsibilities and tasks
The successful candidate will be in charge of following tasks which are in line with the ENTSO-E R&I strategy and the work program of the Research, Development and Innovation Committee (RDIC). This will require members management, experience in internal and external representation. Specific tasks are as follows:
- Support the development of RDI Roadmap and RDI Implementation Plan in accordance with TSOs’ needs and policy objectives of EC
- Support the set -up and the implementation of the Flagships identified RDI priorities in ENTSO-E RDI Roadmap 2020-2030
- Support the activities of RDIC Working Groups and made connection to relevant ENTSO-E Committees
- Channel knowledge generated from RDI projects and deliverables and feeding it into Market, Development and Operation Committees of the ENTSO-E through increase cross-committee interactions;
- Develop proposals for measures and maximize the impact of the RDI project results. Support the organization of knowledge sharing activities to stimulate the implementation of R&I results in TSOs community as well as in another stakeholders’ business
- Feedback into related regulation such as network codes as well as to involved with ENTSO-E institutions such as the European Commission and ACER;
- Support the development of market and business cases and models based on the outcomes of the project’s deliverables;
- Responsibility for the day-to-day business of working groups under RDIC to follow up the ENTSO-E strategy.
- University degree in electrical engineering, power system engineering, ICT, economy or related including background in power systems; Deep technical background in power systems or knowledge of ENTSO-E activities is a significant plus.
- At least 5 to 7 years relevant work experience, preferably in the power system business or energy combined with ICT/digital and market experience, preferably in European context;
- A combination of knowledge of power system, market, regulatory and digital related aspects is desirable;
- Experience with R&I activities and knowledge of the European R&I framework;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English;
- Excellent skills in communication in order to drive the development and implementation of R&I projects; to cooperate within the Secretariat; to coordinate and support ENTSO-E members and facilitate consensus; to explain to the European Commission, ACER, national regulators, stakeholders, politicians and the public the work products and positions of the TSOs.
- Experience in European associations/bodies and interactions to European Union is preferable;
- Results-oriented attitude, team-player with ability to prioritise;
- Ability to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment.
- The Secretariat is also considering an option of a secondment from a Member TSO (for which we can give advice to TSOs and candidates on financial and tax effects).
The Secretariat is also considering an option of a secondment from a Member TSO (for which we can give advice to TSOs and candidates on financial and tax effects).
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before 24 August 2020.