Operations Specialist – NC/GL Amendments
General position descriptions
ENTSO-E and its members have drafted and implemented eight Network Codes and Guidelines in the areas of markets, system operation and grid connection. The Network Codes increase market efficiency, improve security of supply and ease the connection of new generation, demand and HVDC cables. ENTSO-E is now looking for an Operations specialist to support work on the amendments of these Network Codes and Guidelines.
The Operations specialist will support the Operations Section processes and projects supporting the amendment of Network codes and Guidelines. He/she will engage in the management of handling amendments of Network Codes and Guidelines, with a focus on the Connection Network Codes and System Operation Guideline. The Operations specialist will prepare ENTSO-E’s proposals and position with its members for discussion with Stakeholder Associations, ACER and European Commission.
The successful candidate will work at the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels, reporting directly to the Manager of Network Code Implementation in the Secretariat's Operations section. The section has 11 permanent staff and is supported by 2 experts from Member TSOs and RSCs, as needed for specific projects. He/she will also cooperate and work collaboratively with Secretariat staff across all departments in the Secretariat's program management structure.
Responsibilities and tasks
The role is a key person for the Operations Section of ENTSO-E providing stakeholder engagement and leadership, both internally and externally. This includes leading the development of the amendment proposals, representing ENTSO-E in meetings and interaction with key groups under several ENTSO-E bodies.
Main activities inclujde:
- Supporting the Network Code Implementation Program for amendments of the existing Network Codes and Guidelines.
- Coordinating amendments of all Network Codes and Guidelines with a focus on amendments of Connection Network Codes (RfG, DCC and HVDC) and System Operation Guideline.
- Coordinating amendment proposals with the experts from the eight network codes and guidelines via working groups and project teams.
- Organising complex processes involving the TSO experts, European Stakeholder Committees, standardisation bodies, ACER and European Commission. Excellent project management skills are required.
- Drafting documents for approval in ENTSO-E’s bodies and its presentation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring alignment across all ENTSO-E committees as required under the transversal structure of the Secretariat and in accordance with the internal processes. The role involves tracking of the amendments and significant reporting will be required to the bodies of ENTSO-E and any relevant external stakeholders.
- Supporting the planning (timelines, milestones, etc.) of the Network Code and Guidelines amendment activities and work products / methodologies required to be implemented.
- Supporting the delivery of transversal tasks, e.g. when amendments affect several network codes and guidelines across the association.
- University degree with 3-6 years’ experience working on power systems
- Technical background and preferably knowledge of Connection Network Codes, grid connection requirements and System Operations Guideline
- Strong organization and planning skills including project management experience
- Excellent analytical and communication skills including facilitating consensus and building relationships. Experience in explaining and clarifying complex problems to diverse audience such as policy makers, regulators and industry stakeholders.
- Experience in engaging with stakeholders through formal and informal meetings
- Experience in international member organisations and interactions with technical advisory teams is a benefit
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English
- Proven expertise in managing projects and task management under complex structures and tight timelines
- Expertise in working with MS Office and SharePoint skills
- Motivated by working within a multinational and multicultural professional environment
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before Monday 28 September 2020.