Industrial OT Engineer
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products, with sales today of around $60 billion. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 168 sites in 26 countries throughout the world where it employs around 21.000 people.
Our site located in Lillo, Antwerp, which is part of the Business Unit Ineos O&P Europe North, is responsible for the development and growth of the specialties High Density Polyethylene and Polypropylene markets for Ineos.
We are looking for a Industrial OT Engineer, who will be based at our site located in Lillo-Antwerp.
The Industrial OT Engineer, who reports to the Engineering Manager of the Lillo Site, has to realize projects (from detailed design to start up), within the agreed timing, quality and costs and in respect of the applicable legal requirements, standards and existing procedures and managing the in-house construction standards.
Context and dimensions of the job
The jobholder assures:
- that Process Control Networks (PCN), Process Information Networks (PIN), and Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition networks (SCADA) function properly, safe (cyber secure) and reliably while also facilitating improvement projects on these networks and establishing a long term vision.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain the effectiveness, reliability and security of the PCN, the PIN and the Scada Network
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain plans and procedures for achieving high integrity and reliability of the networks
- Monitor system performance indicators for potential problems
- Provide support to clients in process control, engineering, operations, capital projects, laboratory, and IT
- Use knowledge of plant objectives and work processes together with knowledge of programming practices, software, and hardware to identify solutions to new needs
- Lead in the development, implementation, and testing of interfaces and databases required for new applications
- Use knowledge of databases and system communications to resolve problems within advanced process control applications
- Work with IT and engineers to provide new data communications needs while still maintaining a highly secured environment on networks, such as mobile tablets / virtual reality
- Proactively seek permanent solutions to recurring problems experienced by users
- Administer and provide support for virtualized control system
- Implement and develop cyber security strategies within the PCN, PIN, and SCADA networks.
- Maintain process control network including firewall to optimal standards
- Maintain server and network documentation.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or technical field plus 10 years’ experience with process data systems and process information networks or similar networks.
- Understands highly complex technical aspects of role and performs works without supervision
- Experience in and understanding of petrochemical manufacturing processes
- Disciplines in Change Management familiar with consequences of downtime in an industrial environment
- Experience with Honeywell is preferred
- Working knowledge with communication protocols such as Modbus and OPC
- Working knowledge with Windows Active Directory, Windows Remote Desktop Gateway, WSUS, McAfee EPO, and Acronis Backup & Recovery and Visual Basic
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure, firewalls, intrusion prevention and network security
- Working knowledge of server virtualization and storage technologies
- Understanding of Cyber Security within process control environments, Familiar with Industrial Automation Cyber Security Standards and requirements (ISA 99, IEC62443, …)
- Perfect knowledge of Dutch, good knowledge of English
- Demonstrated problem solver, seen as a primary resource for improving performance
- Solves very complex problems using interpolative thought processes
- Recognizes connections and trends; seeks systemic solutions to eliminate common- and root-causes of problems
- Uses an orderly approach to decision making
- Ability to work easily across organizational boundaries
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing; ability to adapt communications to the needs and background of diverse audiences
- Works on complex assignments requiring interaction with personnel at multiple levels and across functional boundaries
- Result and business oriented, set priorities, decision taker
The job holder will be located both on the Antwerp/Lillo site, and the Geel site.
Our offer A challenging job in a stimulating and technically advanced environment, a motivating remuneration package and the opportunity for further development in a company that is in its sector to the world's top.
Interested ? Please let us know quickly.