Data Architect Specialist
General position description
The successful candidate will work at the ENTSO-E offices in Brussels, report directly to the Manager of Digital Section. This section is responsible for data management, security management, inter-operability and infrastructure network.
The role of the Data Architect is concerned with designing, creating, deploying and managing an organization’s data architecture. Data architects define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way. Therefore, he/she has to define the data strategy of Entso-E, and propose guidelines, improvements and requests to ensure a good data quality.
This includes to work on different projects to support and/or advice the Entso-E staff across all departments in the Head-Quarter’s. The Data Architect will dig into the data and retrieve, classify or design them to help the business to get the needed information in the expected delay.
He/she will also work with different vendors, review and challenge their proposals to ensure that it is aligned with the defined strategy.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The role is a key person for the Digital Section of ENTSO-E, guardian of the data warehouse! Data enthusiastic, s/he has a helicopter view on our databases to define a strong strategy which will enhance Entso-E to manage efficiently all its challenges. S/he will have to work on any aspect of data, sometimes with external counterparties, but also on his own. The data team is made up of 2 people under the responsibility of Data Architect.
Key current tasks (which may change over time according to the needs) include:
- Leading data domain;
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using both traditional relational databases as well as ‘big data’ technologies;
- Designing and implement effective ETL processes, database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data;
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines;
- Preparing strategy for technological evolution related to data;
- Performing business/functional analysis and manage vendors to build, develop or improve systems;
- Measuring the quality delivered by vendors and suppliers;
- Data modelling, relational database management as well as NoSQL;
- Operating on big data sets retrieved from different sources in high availability environment;
- Comparing and analysing provided statistical information to identify patterns, relationships and problems;
- Overseeing the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions;
- Operational support for the existing analytical projects;
- Mentoring junior profiles within the Digital section.
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect or similar role (minimum 7 years in a similar role);
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL etc.), T-SQL, data integration software (SSIS, Talend, Pentaho or similar), familiarity with visual analytics tools (Tableau, SSRS etc.);
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.;
- Must have experience coding in object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.;
- Knowledge of data mining techniques;
- Experience in gathering and analysing system requirements;
- Strong analytical skills, able to think strategically;
- Problem-solving attitude, having a good view on the consequences if some risks are not mitigated (and able to explain it to the business);
- Must have solid project management and organizational skill;
- Knowledge of GitLab, JIRA, Confluence etc.;
- Experience in working in an Agile environment;
- Business fluent in English mandatory (oral and written).
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before 26 October 2020.