Business Security Specialist
General position description
The successful candidate will work at the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels, report directly to the Manager of System Operations in the Secretariat's Operations Section. The section has 13 permanent staff and is supported by experts from Member TSOs and contractors, as needed for specific projects. He/she will also cooperate and work collaboratively with Secretariat staff across all departments in the Secretariat's program management structure. Regular travel will be required.
The role will involve to support ENTSO-E System Operations Committee to draft a Network Code on Cybersecurity, in strict collaboration with European Commission and the association of DSOs. The successful candidate will also follow the security topics under the System Operations Committee annual program and will ensure cross-committee alignment when necessary. Relevant risk management activities will be part of the role as well.
Responsibilities and tasks
The role is an Advisor for the Operations section of ENTSO-E providing Stakeholder Engagement and leadership internally and externally. The key responsibilities for the role are:
- Support the project team during the drafting of the Network Code
- ensure that the projects structure and its resources are managed carefully through the projects life
- monitor, review and update the projects risk
- plan, direct, co-ordinate, monitor and report on activities related to the projects to any relevant stakeholder
- ensure the cross-committee alignment at working level
- ensure that the project teams implement changes to achieve the set objectives
- ensure that progress is monitored and reviewed throughout the projects timeline, and that adjustments are made, as necessary, to achieve the planned results
- establish quality control process for the projects deliverables
- initiate formal reviews of the projects deliverables, to assess critically the work carried out and benefits obtained
- evaluate changes to project management practices and initiates improvement to organisation practices, when needed
- Improve, where appropriate, and maintain an efficient and transparent, exchange of all relevant information on contents / deadlines of project implementation and especially in communication to management and SOC.
- Working transversely and collaboratively with the managers and advisors providing guidance and direction where needed.
- Support wider initiatives aimed at improving Association and Secretariat for the benefit of Member TSOs and Staff.
- University degree with expert knowledge of power systems, regulated markets or economics with relevant experience post qualification (at least 5 years’ experience preferably managing large teams or projects).
- Excellent skills in communication, negotiation and influencing. Experience in facilitating consensus and building relationships with policy makers, regulators and industry stakeholders.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English and proven experience of writing policy/position papers.
- Relevant work experience in TSO business with proven expertise in the energy sector, preferably in TSO system operations issues.
- General understanding of IT systems with a focus on cybersecurity aspects.
- Ability to grasp main concept of current cybersecurity body of laws at European level (NIS Directive, GDPR Regulation) and cybersecurity standard (ISO27001). Knowledge of German national law on Cybersecurity is an asset.
- Ability to understand the process for the development of a Network Code and to follow closely the development of activities matching work with intended goals and outputs.
- Stakeholder management expertise in the communication with multiple parties.
- Proven expertise in project and program management for complex projects, managing resources and assessing priorities; preferably experience in a matrix management environment.
- Strong organisation and coordination skills working across multiple groups and disciplines
- Regular travel will be required on a Europe-wide basis.
- Expertise in working MS Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
The Secretariat is looking either for a secondment from a Member TSO (the Secretariat HR Section can give advice to TSOs on managing financial and tax effects), or external qualified applicants not working for ENTSO-E Members.
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before 16 November 2020.