Business Analyst for Physical Communication Network
General position description
The successful candidate will work at the ENTSO-E offices in Brussels, report directly to the Manager of System Operations in the Secretariat's Operations Section. The section has 13 permanent staff and is supported by experts from Member TSOs and contractors, as needed for specific projects. He/she will also cooperate and work collaboratively with Secretariat staff across all departments in the Secretariat's program management structure. Regular travel will be required.
The role will involve working at the most strategic levels of System Operations supporting the management in delivering the business initiatives and tasks managed by the System Operations Committee (SOC) for developing the Physical Communication Network (PCN). The role will include leading projects in Operations’ topics related to the well coordinated development of the PCN, and as well to the migration of several IT networks and tools into the PCN, . Furthermore, cross-committee alignment and engagement in projects will be highly required.
Responsibilities and tasks
The role is a key person for the Operations Section of ENTSO-E providing excellent project management and cross-committee alignment internally and externally, including representations in meetings, developing business requirements, guidelines, status reports and supporting key groups under several ENTSO-E bodies.
Specific responsibilities may change over time; however, the current tasks include:
- Initiate projects and assign resources seeking guidance from management and advisors for the development and implementation of the Physical Communication Network.
- Provide support for the Core Team, project teams and working groups related to the implementation of the Physical Communication Network to ensure the timely fulfilment of the deliverables.
- Draft business requirements for IT tools.
- Management and coordination of TSOs’ queries and Requests for Information as required.
- Improve, where appropriate, and maintain an efficient and transparent, exchange of all relevant information on contents / deadlines of project implementation and especially in communication to management and SOC.
- Working closely with the supporting sections in Secretariat such as Legal, Finance and Digital, , supporting effective collaboration and where relevant, identifying possible efficiency improvements.
- Interactions with all Committees and LRG, Board, Assembly, with TSO members, and with other stakeholders.
- Working transversely and collaboratively with the managers and advisors providing guidance and direction where needed.
- Support wider initiatives aimed at improving Association and Secretariat for the benefit of Member TSOs and Staff.
- University degree with expert knowledge of power systems or IT, with relevant experience post qualification (at least 3 years’ experience preferably in large, international teams or projects).
- Excellent skills in communication, negotiation and influencing. Experience in facilitating consensus and building relationships with policy makers, regulators and industry stakeholders.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English and proven experience of writing policy/position papers and technical documents.
- Following IT related knowledge (or capability to acquire that knowledge in short time):
- IT Operation Management and ITIL standards,
- Network and MPLS Technology (high level working principle),
- Data Transmission Technologies (high level working principle),
- Network Security (basic knowledge),
- Overview of Cloud Services and Transmission service provider services.
- Ability to connect the business knowledge with the IT standards and requirements.
- Preferably, relevant work experience in TSO business with proven expertise in the energy sector, preferably in TSO system operations issues.
- Stakeholder management expertise in the communication with multiple parties.
- Proven expertise in project and program management for complex projects, managing resources and assessing priorities; preferably experience in a matrix management environment.
- Strong organisation and coordination skills working across multiple groups and disciplines.
- Good understating of budget control and contract management
- Ability to travel regularly a Europe-wide basis.
- Expertise in working MS Office (Excel and MS Project) and preferably SharePoint.
The Secretariat is looking either for a secondment from a Member TSO (the Secretariat HR Section can give advice to TSOs on managing financial and tax effects), or external qualified applicants not working for ENTSO-E Members.
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before 16 November 2020.