Market Modelling and Adequacy Analyst
General position description
The successful applicants (2) will have key roles in the transformation of the European energy market. More specifically they will contribute directly to the development of forecasts for nodal prices (i.e. locational marginal prices) that will be utilized as key inputs by ACER in designing alternative bidding zone configurations.
The position offers a full-time one-year contract at Entso-e offices in Brussels. The successful candidates will join the dynamic expert staff. They will join the Economic Studies Team on a one-year assignment, within the System Development department. They will also interact and cooperate with staff from other departments within ENTSO-E, as well as with member TSOs and other stakeholders, to facilitate consistent market modelling procedures and methodologies within ENTSO-E and its members.
The Economic Studies Team oversees data and model preparation for each of ENTSO-E studies (e.g. short and long-term adequacy; long-term system development) and is directly responsible for the network and market modelling in support of this LMP study.
Responsibilities and tasks
The successful candidates will especially contribute to following tasks (while not restricted to them):
- Implement a state-of-the-art Pan-European nodal market model.
- Analyse and interpret the results obtained, and disseminate them in clear and concise presentations and reports with the ENTSO-E study teams.
- Manage interactions among ENTSO-E teams regarding data collections, data checks and central data handling and overall preparation and maintenance of the data sets. Contribute to innovations for further improving granularity and robustness of the datasets.
- Support ENTSO-E by ensuring timely delivery and quality of work products and policies, as well as follow-through and implementation involving members and external resources.
- Interact with European Stakeholders, e.g., ACER and the European Commission, as required.
- Travel for ENTSO-E business, as required.
- Education: University degree, preferably in electrical engineering or energy engineering. Knowledge in economics would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of simulation and/or optimization software tools, (e.g., Plexos, BID, GAM), ideally applied to electricity market modelling simulations. General knowledge in electric network modelling could be a plus. Strong reference will be given to those candidates with working knowledge of Plexos.
- Experience in management and analysis of complex datasets using such software tools as MS Excel, Python, R, or similar.
- Project Management skills.
- Familiarity with the energy sector.
- Interest in coordination and facilitating consensus.
- Fluent in English, including writing and presentation skills.
- Motivation to work in a multi-cultural environment and to contribute to the European Energy Union.
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae before 30 October 2020.