Automation Engineer - South East of the UK
We probably don't need to tell you that automation is the future. At Contec, we make it our mission to make industrial processes future-proof. We are in full growth and therefore constantly looking for new colleagues. Are you ready to build the factory of the future with us?
For our Manufacturing Control team, which is mainly occupied with PLC programming and visualization, we are currently looking for an Automation Engineer with a passion for automation.
Projects from A-Z, this is how we do it!
At Contec we realize projects from A to Z. As an Automation Engineer you are not only responsible for the technical aspect: communication with the customer and the start-up of a wide range of projects are also part of your duties.
- You work out a functional analysis (FDS) in which you analyze the client's assignment (URD) and find the most optimal solution for this.
- Then you get to work with the PLC programming and visualization (HMI interfaces). For this you use the customer's standard or our own Contec Software Standard.
- You also ensure the connection and data exchange of the PLCs with parent systems. This in collaboration with the MOM / MES department.
- After preparation and internal tests at the office, we simulate everything together with the customer during a FAT. They are invited to our offices for this, but it can just as easily be done via remote sessions.
- Then you go on site at the customer to test your work in reality (SAT) and fine-tune it.
- A DDS, drawing up manuals and training for operators and technicians are also part of the job description.
- If the customer wishes, we also provide aftercare for the services we provided them.
This all happens in close communication with your project coordinator who will support you remotely from our UK office in Newcastle.
Passion for automation? We’re looking for you!
- You recently graduated in Engineering (Bachelor or Master) or you are equivalent through experience
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience (PLC programming)
- You live in the South East of the UK
- You are used to work independently
- You will mainly work from home or on site at a local customer
- You own an analytical mind and you’re creative in finding solutions
- You’re a team player and take care of your internal and external communication
- You take client-orientation to the next level
- You’re able to structure your work independently and meet deadlines, even in stressful situations
- You’re able to travel (national & international) from time to time (e.g. start-up phase)
- By preference, you have knowledge of the following technologies:
- Rockwell; RSLogix, FTview, ...
- Siemens; Step7, TIA Portal, WinCC, PCS7, ...
- Schneider; Ecostruxure Control Expert, Vijeo Designer, ...
- Networks; ProfiNet, Ethernet-IP, Profibus, DeviceNet, ControlNet, ...
At Contec we attach great importance to you feeling part of the Contec family. With our 8 offices in 5 different countries, the Contec group has about 240 motivated specialists who are happy to welcome you to their team. We have a flat organizational structure, creating an open and transparent atmosphere. A survey among our colleagues showed that they attach great importance to the following benefits:
- International: with offices and clients in different countries, the world is our playground. Are you an adventurer who likes to go abroad? At Contec it’s part of the job!
- Challenging projects: we work with different clients in different sectors, which makes your job very varied and every day is a new adventure.
- Work-life: flexibility in both directions is important: at Contec you have both flexible and gliding hours.
- Growing together: in addition to a tailor-made onboarding process, we think it is important to invest in our people. How your career progresses largely depends on your interests.
- Cooperative: at Contec, every employee has the opportunity to buy shares. As a result, we not only work together towards a common goal, but we also strengthen the group feeling. Our party committee even goes a step further by organizing the craziest activities!
Contec employees are also offered insurances, laptop, an extensive training offer etc.
Almost convinced? Read here what our colleagues think about working within Contec: https://contec.be/jobs/#testimonials
Ready to say YES to new adventures? Apply quickly, or send us your CV via firstname.lastname@example.org
Not your thing, but do you know the ideal person for this job? Feel free to share the vacancy via our social media channels or via email.