Automation Engineer - North West of the UK
Contec is a medium-sized SME with an HQ located in the port of Antwerp, Belgium.
We have offices in Kortrijk, Hasselt, Romania, Poland, France and the UK.
Within the field of industrial automation we profile ourselves by delivering turnkey projects. Our activities include Electrical & Instrumentation, Manufacturing Control (PLC / SCADA), Manufacturing Operations Management & Industrial IT.
Our greatest assets?
- We realize automation projects from A to Z, in multidisciplinary teams;
- Our international character and the fact that we are active in a wide range of sectors;
- We strongly believe in ownership for your own projects and give our people the opportunity to develop themselves;
- We are a strong growing company, so our people are growing too. They are ultimately our greatest asset!
Up for a challenge?
Being an Automation Engineer at our Manufacturing Control department, you are responsible for the PLC programming, visualization, in-between communication and configuration and start-up of a wide range of projects.
Project management from A to Z, what will your role be?
- It all begins with a functional analysis: finding out what the customers want and how we can provide it;
- Next step is to create PLC programs and visualization by using our Contec Software Standard;
- See the magic happen! Once you’re in start-up phase you can finally see the machines moving and experience your program in a real life situation;
- Knowledge sharing...We’re big believers in knowledge sharing and data exchange to boost project continuity
This all happens in close communication with your project coordinator who will support you remotely from our UK office in Newcastle.
Is it you we’re looking for?
- You have a HNC in Electrics or Electronics and at least 5 years of relevant software experience;
- You live in the North East of the UK (Manchester, Liverpool,...);
- You are used to work independently;
- You will mainly work from home or on site at a local customer;
- You own an analytical mind and you’re creative in finding solutions;
- You’re a team player and take care of your internal and external communication;
- You take client-orientation to the next level;
- You’re able to structure your work independently and meet deadlines, even in stressful situations;
- You’re able to travel from time to time (e.g. start-up phase)
- An open and transparent corporate culture;
- A lot of variety through project-based work;
- A flat organizational structure, making the communication line to management very short;
- A great deal of flexibility, partly due to the sliding working hours and many possibilities regarding the leave arrangement;
- A high degree of involvement (there is the possibility to participate in the company through shares);
- A dynamic and constantly innovative working environment;
- The ability to develop your technical knowledge on a continuous basis both in depth and in width
- A lot of variety through project-based work
- The possibility to work in an international framework
- A great place to work! Watch the video for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGgy-vBpL9I